HEALTH A-Z & MARIJUANA NEWS

SHARE YOUR PAIN - MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENTS LET LOOSE

SHARE YOUR PAIN - ARTHRITIS PATIENTS TALK MARIJUANA

Lets talk Rheumatoid Arthritis and Marijuana

Grab a large cup and settle down in your favorite reading chair.  The chances are you'll find come across someone in the same age bracket, with the same symptoms and condition.  If you find someone with interesting things to say, why not reach out and send a message, ask a question or even become a friend.  Just click on the blue text and you'll connect immediately via Facebook.

Without further ado, we bring you a composite of several major conversations from the Facebook matrix... about Marijuana and Rheumatoid Arthritis.

RA Chicks : Women with Rheumatoid Arthritis Member submitted response by message:

Wende Harris Winchester

Wende Harris Winchester Here is my opinion, I have smoked it for years illegally most of the time, since dx of RA and Lupus and several other diseases. I take several medications and because of all the medications I suffer from insomnia. I smoke pot now because it relaxes me...See More

marijuana ethics - yes i smoke it

·  · 24 · March 9, 2014 at 7:17pm

Lisa Krusky Tate

Lisa Krusky Tate I live in British Columbia and joined a medical dispensary this year after doing some research.. I use a CBD tincture (drops under the tongue), marihuana honey for my tea, and a topical hash cream... They're all helpful and not intoxicating. They have lots of edible products and strains you can smoke, but I was looking for relief from pain and inflammation without the high.

·  · 9 · March 9, 2014 at 8:49pm

Diane Miller Fuller

Diane Miller Fuller it won't kill your liver  most meds. just saying!

·  · 14 · March 9, 2014 at 6:42pm

Carrie Seibel

Carrie Seibel It may help with the SYMPTOMS, but not the RA itself. There is a difference

·  · 7 · March 9, 2014 at 6:12pm

Debbie Schroder Apperson

Debbie Schroder Apperson It does stop the progression of RA. Read this article of research. http://norml.org/library/item/rheumatoid-arthritis.

·  · 6 · March 9, 2014 at 8:04pm · Edited

Cathy Totino Barrett

Cathy Totino Barrett It is legal (if prescribed by a doctor) in Ontario, Canada. It works. I had a reverse shoulder replacement February 28th and since using the pot (I smoke) it has reduced the pain and has allowed me to not use the pain meds as much. Since using right ...See More

·  · 6 · March 9, 2014 at 7:24pm

Dana Sebek

Dana Sebek i'm a cancer nurse with RA, and our patients talk about using it all the time, especially for nausea. I don't ask of course where they get it, as our state is not set up to do it. Having never smoked a cigarette, I wonder if the high is just an escape...See More

·  · 6 · March 9, 2014 at 6:13pm

3 Replies

Paloma Maciel

Paloma Maciel i live in mexico and even if t is not legal you know you can get it and i can say yes yes yes it does help also a friend of mine made a sort of alcahol mixed with marijuana and y rub it on my knees and arms when im having a bad day and it does help alot!!!

·  · 5 · March 9, 2014 at 7:02pm

Mary L Aull

Mary L Aull I use it for pain, it works & compared to the rx poisons, there is no problem

·  · 8 · March 9, 2014 at 6:09pm

Stacee Meters

Stacee Meters I use it and get relief.

·  · 4 · March 9, 2014 at 11:55pm

Rebecca Bratt

Rebecca Bratt Also, to the people saying it only is for pain and doesn't help the actual problem (ahem, Carrie seibel).. Wrong! Cannabis works to regulate your immune system. It also is an anti inflammatory. I have seen my swelling go down as a result of cannabis. It DOES reduce inflammation and autoimmune activity. And again, also helps with side effects (can't imagine taking mtx without it)!

·  · 4 · March 9, 2014 at 10:17pm

Julie Kirtley

Julie Kirtley I have found it to be very effective. Now that some states have legalized it there is more consistency with what you are dosing. Pain is minimized and sleep is possible

·  · 4 · March 9, 2014 at 8:24pm

Denice Howard

Denice Howard to each her own...accentuated my bad spots....were I to use again it would be solely for the purpose to help me forget, even only momentarily that I suffer this stupid illness!!!! LORL

·  · 4 · March 9, 2014 at 6:58pm · Edited

Tiffany Staats

Tiffany Staats Considering all of the dangerous prescription medications we already use to treat RA and our other various autoimmune diseases, the side effects of medical marijuana hardly seem  an issue worth worrying about. We can inject chemo into our bodies on...See More

·  · 3 · March 10, 2014 at 8:31am

Angie Wink O'Connell

Angie Wink O'Connell "Joints for joints" study results. http://www.arthritistoday.org/.../medical-marijuana.php

·  · 3 · March 9, 2014 at 10:12pm

Cheryl Goldstein Cirko-Hill

Cheryl Goldstein Cirko-Hill I'm in pain 24/7. I've had 5 spinal fusions, hip and knee surgery and will be scheduling my 2nd ankle surgery soon. unfortunately i am fatally allergic to All forms of morphine, oxy, percocet etc. . I would try almost anything to help relieve pain incurred by RA and post surgery; but it is not legal in my state, hmmm. maybe I need to move! any suggestions?

·  · 3 · March 9, 2014 at 9:56pm

Angie Rios Vallejo

Angie Rios Vallejo Biologics may slow down the progression but the side effects are horrible. Many times increased joint pain and swelling was a side effect. I would consider medical marijuana. It is no fun to be in pain. Sleepless nights, having to call in sick, not being able to do all the things I used to do due to the pain is a legitimate reason for me to say that yes, I would try it if it was legalized in my state.

·  · 3 · March 9, 2014 at 8:29pm

Kathy Lindsay Joyce

Kathy Lindsay Joyce Legal in Washington State now. People say edibles are the way to go for Methotrexate nausea not sure about the pain. Doing my research for now.

·  · 3 · March 9, 2014 at 6:36pm

Rebecca Ortolano Mancini

Rebecca Ortolano Mancini I know people that use it for RA and swear by it. They don't smoke it, they drink it  a tea. It is not legal where I am.

·  · 3 · March 9, 2014 at 6:26pm

Julia Jewels King

Julia Jewels King I used it for years and years thinking it was helping. it is illegal in the UK so I could only get the smoke able stuff. When i finally gave up because I quit smoking I realised that physically it had made no difference at all. it had relaxed me but it...See More

·  · 3 · March 9, 2014 at 6:13pm

5 Replies

Jeni Champlin

Jeni Champlin I smoke and it helps me tremendously. .. pills just make me a zombie

·  · 2 · March 10, 2014 at 1:15pm

Giselle Macedo

Giselle Macedo It works really well and in small portions it doesn't make you high. Much better than any pain killer!

·  · 2 · March 9, 2014 at 11:21pm

Rebecca Bratt

Rebecca Bratt Marijuana helps me accomplish things that I would otherwise be in too much pain to.. Without the gi problems most pain killers bring! Also helps me eat when I'm on drugs that make me nauseous and/or lacking appetite.

·  · 2 · March 9, 2014 at 10:12pm

Angie Wink O'Connell

Angie Wink O'Connell Effects of Indica (lower THC, higher CBN/CBD):

Indica generally more physical than cerebral (however, the relief of physical symptoms can have a positive psychological effect)

Sedation, pain relief and relaxation ...See More

·  · 2 · March 9, 2014 at 9:47pm

Mirah Riben

Mirah Riben Relieving the symptoms does not stop the progression of the disease which leads to crippling and deformities. Biological do both - relieve the pain and swelling and stop the progression.

·  · 2 · March 9, 2014 at 7:42pm

2 Replies

Debbie McCormick

Debbie McCormick I'm in RI and it's legalized for Medicinal Purposes, I've had my license for 5 years now and don't know that I'd ever stop using it! I'm opiate dependent though can alter my daily intake with marijuana, my pcp was the first to suggest it, most of my spe...See More

·  · 2 · March 9, 2014 at 7:34pm

Shelly Fazekas Privett

Shelly Fazekas Privett I have tried it and found that it gives me a panic attack. It was kind of disappointing because I have heard from other users that it does work for the pain.

·  · 2 · March 9, 2014 at 6:49pm

3 Replies

Noverta Davis-Dean

Noverta Davis-Dean I'm all for it if it helps live with the pain

·  · 2 · March 9, 2014 at 6:23pm

Michel Winterburn

Michel Winterburn The only thing it could help with is pain. When I was younger and smoked it, it only made my pain worse, it's  I would fixate on the pain. But really it's a personal thing. It'll work for some not for others.

·  · 2 · March 9, 2014 at 6:19pm

Arlene Molina

Arlene Molina Jeni, did u get it medically. If so how is the process.

·  · 1 · March 10, 2014 at 1:53pm

Arlene Molina

Arlene Molina I was thinking the same if it's effective

·  · 1 · March 10, 2014 at 1:52pm

Kai Collins-Frazer

Kai Collins-Frazer If it is high in CBD it does help (Doesn't give your the "high" just the benefit) However  ALL medications... it only treats the symptoms. There is NO cure for RA, there is just therapies. The reason those of us who were on meds... have sought other resources. Without the side effects that damage the rest of our body- MTX, Plaq, Sulfa... and so on...

·  · 1 · March 10, 2014 at 3:00am · Edited

Nilsa Avalo

Nilsa Avalo im a mom of a person with ra- i have never smoke it , i have smelled it and it gives me headaches. Weird- everyone is different, but if it makes my child feel better then yes. If it was for recreational purposes of course not i wouldn't allow it. But she is a young adult so i would let her make that decision on her own but with her knowledge that i personally don't approve.

·  · 1 · March 10, 2014 at 2:58am

Mar Eds

Mar Eds i tried smoking it back in the day but never d it. i would love to try the edible form though. i'm from canada and it's legal, but my rheumy would never go for that. he loves that i take celebrex for the pain. sigh. but he doesn't know i rarely if...See More

·  · 1 · March 9, 2014 at 10:35pm · Edited

4 Replies

Patsy Horton

Patsy Horton Cheryl Goldstein Cirko it's legal in Colorado..

·  · 1 · March 9, 2014 at 10:10pm

Pamela Skidmore Hill

Pamela Skidmore Hill From what I understand medical marijuana is great for pain. That is the pills. If they made it legal here in VA I would use it for pain and not feel guilty.

·  · 1 · March 9, 2014 at 9:58pm

Barbara Godshall

Barbara Godshall Interesting to read the comments. I wouldn't smoke it I feel horrible around any smoke. Even the wood burner in the basement family room I can't stand. Capsules or a rub that might be different if approved in our state. I wouldn't judge anyone for ...See More

·  · 1 · March 9, 2014 at 9:35pm · Edited

Kim Larsen

Kim Larsen AMAZING what it did to my pain levels... If you take a very small dose it will completely take away the pain and not make you high... I am very careful with it... Only use it when in a lot of pain and in very small doses...

·  · 1 · March 9, 2014 at 9:06pm

Cheryl Dalla-Vicenza

Cheryl Dalla-Vicenza Juice it, or take it in a capsule then you get the pure cannabis that is how you get optimal pain relief. Smoking it makes you high and isn't so good for your lungs.

·  · 1 · March 9, 2014 at 7:22pm

Paula Jones

Paula Jones It can be just as effective as any other narcotic with similar effects to Vicodin or Percocet.

·  · 1 · March 9, 2014 at 7:19pm

Karen Tutcher Austin

Karen Tutcher Austin I have a relative who says it's the only thing that helps with the pain of RA. She has no insurance, therefore, no meds.

·  · March 10, 2014 at 10:05pm

Tanya Gerrard

Tanya Gerrard I have suffered for 16yrs with RA and spent the last two smoking weed only as bio's (enbrel) stopped working after 7rys.. Cimzia put me on my back for a yr sicker then a dog.. and mtx.. don't even get me started. the weed doesn't treat anything but gives you an appetite.. and helps with pain.. and being able to sleep.. I can now move my arm over my head.. and I've had less flares.. but best of luck to you..

·  · March 10, 2014 at 6:52pm

Jeni Champlin

Jeni Champlin Arlene Molina no I don't have a prescription. .. but I am lookin to move where I could get it. .. it really does help. .

·  · March 10, 2014 at 3:10pm

Angie Wink O'Connell

Angie Wink O'Connell Arlene Molina

Here is the link regarding NJ mmj laws http://new-jersey.medicalmarijuana.net/.../understanding.../

·  · March 10, 2014 at 2:31pm

Donia Hunter

Donia Hunter As a young adult of the 1960's who lived in California I am quite familiar with marijuana and its ability to alter feelings of all sorts. The question that begs that I haven't seen addressed anywhere is what is the possible damage to the body when it is ingested or smoked daily?. Do we know? Obviously smoking it daily will do a number on the lungs; what about eating it? Anyone know?

·  · March 10, 2014 at 9:10am · Edited

Doreen Meyer

Doreen Meyer It helps me sleep thru all the aches and pains. I got a medical card before it was legal for everyone in my state...

·  · March 10, 2014 at 2:53am

Cynthia Butler Marsch

I don't use it but my friends who know I have RA, strongly suggest it. They said in California, they dispense it in a lotCynthia Butler Marsch

ion form. I

Labels: marijuana arthritis rheumatoid arthritis immune autoimmune disorder pain swelling cure treatment discussion testiimonial

Interesting Posts