CANNABIS COCKTAILS - HOW TO HAVE A HEALTHY, GREAT TIME
photo- Elite beverage - Cannabis cocktails
“After the first glass of absinthe you see things as you wish they were. After the second you see them as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are." - Oscar Wilde saying what Joe Rogan said about Marijuana in so many words.
Cannabis cocktails are becoming all rage, but there is nothing new under the rainbow. A few centuries ago, a psychedelic alcoholic beverage called Absinthe was the intellectual's choice:
Ernest Hemingway, James Joyce, Charles Baudelaire, Paul Verlaine, Arthur Rimbaud, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Amedeo Modigliani, Pablo Picasso, Vincent van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Marcel Proust, Aleister Crowley, Erik Satie, Edgar Allan Poe, Lord Byron and Alfred Jarry were all known absinthe drinkers.
OK, so what has Absinthe got to do with Cannabis cocktails? Well, They are both psychoactive alcoholic beverages. Marijuana was falsely demonized and implicated in America's Reefer Madness Campaign of the 1950's, just as Absinthe was in Europe back in the day.
French authorities cracked down on Absinthe, declaring it poisonous due several deaths and cases where alcoholic consumers went insane. The ingredient, a terpene called thujone was implicated as the psychoactive and toxic ingredient. However, as modern scientists look into the case, the actual properties and Absinthe ingredients, could not be responsible for the toxicity reported. It is believed that thujone (a terpene) was the toxic compound and this ingredient was unfortunately banned, via bad science and urban myth.
Ingredients in Medical Marijuana contain medicinal and psychoactive cannabinoids and also a lot of terpenes, which means your Cannabis cocktail creation might meet the approval of Absinthe drinker Hemingway or Oscar Wild Man Wilde
Before Medical Marijuana There Was Medicinal Whiskey
The saga of Marijuana Law is America is truly strange. While Alcohol was prohibited, Marijuana tinctures in ethanol (booze) were perfectly legal by prescription.
Whiskey receipt photo credit
Pictured above is a Whiskey "Cocktail" prescription, written by a doctor in 1924 for one pint of whiskey to be taken "as required." Limits were 8 pints per month per head, meaning that mom and pop could be properly medicated throughout the month.
Moderate alcohol intake of good quality booze has been found to be a good tonic for the heart and circulatory system. THC and CBD found in Medical Marijuana have many wonderful properties; anti-anxiety, anti-cancer, faster healing of the bones and some research indicates Cannabinoids are even good for the skin. Not to mention the incredible blissful effects that have inspired, perhaps, the majority of our most brilliant minds?
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Hard Liquor
Whiskey, Vermouth, Vodka, Tequila, Rum, Gin (about 45% alcohol)
Cannabis, Strains High in THC, or CBD or an exotic hashish mix
- 4-8 grams
X-Factor (pepper corns and other natural terpenes)
- Cut and grind Bud
- Place on baking tray
- Heat for 1 hour at 250 deg F.
- Pour booze in 1 L jar
- Add baked Pot to Booze and cap
- Swirl or agitate mixture for 20 minutes
- Let sit in a warm place for 2 days
Congratulations! You have made the base ingredient to make your favorite cocktail concoction . Check out the next section for Cannabis infused versions of the most world's most famous cocktails.
- 1 oz Vermouth
- 1 oz Infused Vodka
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Maple Syrup
- a dash of Bitters
- Put all the ingredients together in a shaker. Hold the Seltzer.
- Shake with ice and pour into an ice-filled Collins glass. Top with seltzer to perfection.
- Lightly stir, then garnish with any tropical rainforest fruits at hand.
- 2 oz Infused Vodka
- 1 spoon dill
- white pepper to taste
- celery salt to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco Sauce to taste
- 1/2 oz pickle brine
- 1/4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 5 oz Tomato juice
- Garnish: Pickle, celery
Optional: Old Bay Seasoning (mustard, paprika, celery salt, bay leaf, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, mace, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom, and ginger).
- Put the spices on a plate and mix them with the lemon juice
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a shaker
- Then add this mixture to the lemon juice and rest of the ingredients in the shaker
- Rub a lime wedge along the lip of a pint glass
- Roll the outer edge of the lip in celery salt
- Add the remaining ingredients and fill with ice
- Shake gently and strain into the prepared glass
- Garnish celery stalk & lime wedge
WHITE RUSSIAN COCKTAIL
- 1 part KAHLÚA
- 2 part Infused Vodka
- 1 part thick cream
- Fill a cool glass with ice
- Add Kahlúa and Absolut Vodka, top with cream
This cocktail is so simple that even a Russian could make it!
NEW YORK SOUR
- 2 oz infused whiskey
- half oz maple syrup
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 oz red wine
- Add all the ingredients except the wine into a shaker
- Fill with ice
- Shake and strain into glass filled with ice
- Pour the wine over the back of a spoon so it floats on top of the cocktail
Recommended Whiskey for Infusion with Cannabis
"It's hard to tell they don't cost $200 per bottle."
- Old Forester Classic 86 Proof $25
- Collingwood Whiskeys $ $27
- Alberta Rye Dark Batch $32
420EvaluationsOnline: To make a truly world class Cannabis cocktail, you must the finest ingredients. Do your research and find the best strains that fit your personality and are known to help your symptoms and conditions, whether it be stress, cramps, pain, recovery from Chemo. Once you find the Cannabis products you want, you'll need a Medical Recommendation from a Licensed doctor to buy properly tested products. Click here find out how to get Medical Cannabis Recommended online here, in minutes.
Other 420EVAL services include; medical marijuana doctor consultation, Cannabis cards, MMJ renewals from our online medical marijuana clinic.