High Eye Pressure (IOP) and Medical Marijuana
“Living is Easy with your Eyes Closed.” John Lennon
Elevated Eye Pressure is the major cause of most eye diseases including:
- Macular Degeneration
If pressure is not normalized, visual difficulties will occur. Over the long term, eye disease and / or blindness is a predictable result. Symptoms of elevated eye pressure include, piercing pain, seeing stars, headache, periodic blindness and visual issues.
Marijuana Shines a Light on Blindness
In many cases, these conditions are entirely avoidable by using Cannabis based medicines that reduce pressure in the eyeball that impinge optical nerves, valves and blood vessels.
Hundreds of research studies conducted by Medical Doctors all over the planet have found that Marijuana is effective in Glaucoma.
The basic strategy in Ophthalmology to reduce excessive eye pressure is to remove blockage caused by inflammation, infection or debris. Consistent with overall orthodox approach, Marijuana affects eye disease threefold; it relaxes eye muscles, fight microbes and reduces inflammation.
Cannabinoids, the major active ingredients of Cannabis are, by now, well known for their ability to reduce IOP and is beneficial in ocular circulatory disorders, including Glaucoma. Researchers have found that a single 5 mg sublingual dose of THC reduced IOP and patients were remarkably free of adverse side-effects.
- “There's none so blind as those who will not listen.” Neil Gaiman
DOCTORS TESTIMONIALS - MMJ & EYE PRESSURE
- "The ability of Cannabis and THC to lower intraocular pressure in glaucoma was serendipitously discovered in the late 1970's by a variety of patients and researchers. ...while employing large amounts of daily cannabis in situations where standard drug therapy failed..." MMJ Researcher
- "Some of the resulting optic nerve damage accrues due to NMDA hyperexcitability, an effect that THC and CBD may counter as neuroprotective." Paul Palmberg, MD
- "Glaucoma is an area where cannabis and cannabinoids may offer particular advantages over available single ingredient ocular antihypertensive agents." GW Pharmaceuticals
- "Recently, different topical formulations have been shown to improve the corneal penetration of cannabinoids. These formulations successfully lowered fluid pressure in the eyeball." Dr. Porcella
420EvaluationsOnline: Dose and type of MMJ are important in the treatment of Glaucoma. Which form of Marijuana is best for you, high THC, high CBD?, or a balance between? How about oils and edibles? All of these questions can be answered in a Cannabis Consultation with one of our licensed physicians here online. If MMJ is for good for your condition or symptoms, we can process your Evaluation completely online - within in minutes. We also provide MMJ ID Cards that allow clients to purchase MMJ from any dispensary or club in the State of California.
LATEST RESEARCH - MEDICAL MARIJUANA & EYE PRESSURE
How Cannabinoids Help Glaucoma Patients