Cachexia & Wasting and Medical Marijuana
"Data suggests that for HIV-positive patients, Medical Cannabis was well tolerated and produced substantial increases in food intake and body mass." Margaret Haney, PhD (paraphrase)
Cachexia or wasting results from serious medical conditions that:
- Limit necessary food intake because of nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
- Create digestive problems and malabsorption
- Hormonal and metabolic problems in protein synthesis and growth
Cachexia is commonly associated with:
- Autoimmune disease
- Pulmonary obstructive disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Congestive heart failure
- Heavy metal and mercury poisoning
- Hormonal deficiency
- Drugs, crack, heroin, extreme alcoholism
"Life's a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death." Rosalind Russell
Orthodox Treatments are not very effective.
Wasting patient response to standard pharmaceutical treatments and strategies is remarkably poor. Medical Marijuana, on the other hand is rapidly gaining a reputation as being, by far the best treatment available for Cachexia. In fact, some of the most commonly prescribed drugs are, in fact synthetically derived THC. However, most experienced Doctors find that natural MMJ with a balanced Cannabinoid profiles work substantially better than synthetic isolates. Through personal choice, trial and error - patient's agree with researchers and pick organic herb over synthetics, hands down.
- Serostim- Growth Hormone
- Dronabinol - Steroid
Marinol Side Effects: feeling "high"; nausea, temporary psychosis. Source: www.drugs.com
Growth Hormone and Steroids: Go to a medical doctor experienced in sports medicine. The top drugs listed - from this public domain source - are definitely not the choice of professionals.
MMJ Doctor - How Cannabis helps in Wasting and Cachexia
Margaret Haney, PhD, Associate Professor of Clinical Neuroscience at Columbia University found that the effects of synthetic (THC) and herbal marijuana were comparable. In a clinical setting, patient's appetite improved, gained weight and slept better in comparison with placebo. Intoxication resulted, except in low doses, but effects were rated positively, "good drug effect" in most patients.
"Comedy comes from a place of hurt. Charlie Chaplin was starving and broke in London, and that's where he got his character 'the tramp' from. It's a bad situation that he transformed into comedic one, and millions of dollars at time when $1000 bought a farm."
420EvaluationsOnline: Medical Marijuana is commonly Recommended to treat Cachexia and Wasting. We provide patients with the legal paperwork (Doctor's Recommendation) so they may use, possess and grow Medical Cannabis in the State of California. About the process:
- You fill out a form, type in personal info and brief medical history - takes a few minutes.
- A doctor is on standby to evaluate your application - is completed same day.
- Your recommendation is ready. You don't pay until you're approved.
- Your application is confidential and the questionnaire does contain any self incriminating queries.
FURTHER READING - HOW MEDICAL MARIJUANA TREATS CACHEXIA / WASTING