SACRAMENTO - MARIJUANA IN THE CITY
"At some point in the not-so-distant future, this industry (Cannabis) is going to emerge like craft beer, You will be able to know from where it is created, how it is created and what the ingredients are that it is going to be a premium product.” - Kevin Johnson’s chief of staff, Daniel Conway
In this article - we cover the important issues relating to Marijuana in River City.
- What are the Top MMJ Dispensaries, Products and Services
- What's happening in Pot Politics, Law Enforcement, Police
- How can I Legally Buy - Grow - Possess Medical Marijuana in Sac.
- How can I get a 420 Medical Marijuana Doctor evaluation?
- Is there a nearby place I can get a Cannabis ID card?
- Can I get Marijuana delivered to my home?
- Can I grow weed at home?
- What are the latest laws concerning permits and ordinances?
The City of Sacramento has a population 400,018. SacTown Metro has a population approaching 2 million. The Big Tomato is a city on it's way up, for quite some time. There is a lot going on in both the business and governmental sectors. Innovative mass-transit, cultural programs and activities, affordable housing and medical facilities are testament to progressive city policies.
Like many other Californian cities, River City came to life during the Californian Gold Rush.
In 1849, Sacramento became California's first charter city.
River City Factoids
- MMJ ID Cards issued until 2015 = 567
- Doctor's MMJ Recommendations:are estimated at 5,000
Sacramento County and City Medical Marijuana Law
You might call Sacramento conservative, but City Hall is liberal when it comes to Medical Marijuana. In 2016, it has never been easier to access good MMJ. In 2016 there were about 30 legal dispensaries in operation within city limits.
The city allows indoor personal cultivation, up to 400 square feet, in patient's homes. The city also took steps to encourage indoor cultivation so long as the zoning was agricultural and was not near a public school.
"We recognize that City Council allows dispensaries and the council and recommends that staff come up with a proposal that allowing for the cultivation of medical marijuana. We want to provide legal plants for our dispensaries and make sure everything is in compliance with state law." - Joy Patterson, City Planner
- On November 20, 2012, the City of Sacramento adopted a compromise personal use medical cannabis cultivation ordinance. It bans outdoor cultivation but alternative structures are acceptable if compliant.
- June 17, 2014, the Sacramento Board of Supervisors adopted an ordinance allowing nine indoor plants per parcel.
- April 22, 2014, the Board voted unanimously to ban outdoor medical marijuana cultivation in unincorporated areas of the county, but chose not to ban indoor cultivation and rather work with advocates to develop an indoor ordinance.
- The outdoor cultivation ordinance that passed carries penalties of incarceration and fines, plus administrative fees. (See Title 16.18 of Sac County Code).
Any patient who is impacted by local ordinances can write to Sacramento NORML. You have the option to Apply for a Variance to the Zoning Code, at growing time or at the time of a complaint.
Disclaimer: Before acting, readers are advised to refer to the Sacramento City or County Websites to cross-reference information provided here.
HOW & WHERE CAN I BUY MEDICAL CANNABIS LEGALLY IN SACRAMENTO?
To purchase Marijuana from any licensed Marijuana Dispensary or Club in Sacramento, you'll need a Doctor's Recommendation and / or MMJ-ID. Click here to get a legal recommendation in minutes.
The process is 100% online, and is much faster and cheaper than a visit to the clinic - and clients don't pay a dime - until a medical doctor has approved their case.
SACRAMENTO CITY - MMJ POLITICS & LAW ENFORCEMENT NEWS
Sacramento Mayor, Kevin Johnson publicly supports of Proposition 216, the Compassionate Use Act This California Legislature dissolved the biggest barriers to Marijuana's Medical use by establishing guidelines, rules and regulations for MMJ.
Prop. 216 exempts medical-marijuana (MM) collectives and cooperatives from criminal liability for possession, cultivation, possession for sale, sale, transport, importation, and furnishing marijuana, and for maintaining a facility for selling or furnishing marijuana. Medical Board of California (MBC) enforcement of MM recommendations, conditions and symptoms and what constitutes unprofessional conduct.
- "At some point in the not-so-distant future, this industry is going to emerge like craft beer, You will be able to know from where it is created, how it is created and what the ingredients are that it is going to be a premium product.” - Kevin Johnson’s chief of staff, Daniel Conway
- “His connections, his interests and his history with the city of Sacramento and the state of California made a lot of sense … for investing in Daniel to navigate the legal marijuana space.”
- "Conway said the marketplace for marijuana businesses is ripe with change, and the game that exists now is not going to be the same game in three or 10 years.” - Mr. Haney, Investor to former chief of staff." - Daniel Conway
- "Good regional Chief's meeting with Elk Grove and Citrus Heights...crime, marijuana, technology, homeless, asset seizure, and budget issues." - Tweet 2016, Sam Somers- Chief - Sacramento Police Department
FURTHER READING - MEDICAL MARIJUANA BUSINESS IN SACRAMENTO