POMONA - MARIJUANA IN THE CITY
"Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz spent their honeymoon in downtown Pomona."
In this article we talk about some interesting facts about the city with a focus on the main issue, Marijuana.
We address the important and frequently asked questions about MMJ:
- Where can I buy good legal weed in town?
- How can I become a legal Medical Marijuana patient?
- Where can I find a Cannabis collective in town?
- How can I get a 420 Medical Marijuana Doctor evaluation?
- Is there a nearby place I can get a Cannabis ID card?
- Can I get Marijuana delivered to my home?
- Where is a nearby dispensary with lab tested Marijuana?
- Can I grow weed at home?
- What are the latest laws concerning permits and ordinances?
- How can I get a Doctor's recommendation and growers permit?
- Where can I find a good Medical Marijuana lawyer in the city?
With a population of about 155,000 people, Pomona ranks as the 35th largest city in California.
In a 1875 contest, the city in aptly named after the Roman goddess Pomona, creator of fruitful abundance. Great name, but the odd thing was that at this time, there were no fruit trees in the vicinity.
The city grew from a settlement by Spaniards that moved to the region in the 1830' when California was part of Mexico. The Anglo-Americans came in mass in the 1840's and the dam burst with the combination of the gold rush and defeat of Mexico in the War of 1846 with America.
By the 1880's the railroad arrived, which resulted in the expansion of local agricultural efforts; citrus in particular boomed. The city was incorporated in 1888.
By the 1920's Pomona was know as the Queen of the Citrus Belt and had one of the highest per capita income rates in the country. Religions institutions were always played an important role in the history of Pomona. Evidence of the sophistication is illustrated in the splendid architecture of European churches on display in old Pomona..
Today there are more than 120 churches that represent samples of every major world religion.
Open minded Pomona citizens elected Norma Torres, the first woman of Guatemalan heritage as mayor.
Today, the economy of Pomona has more real home spun industry in town, as opposed to the many cities that produce no essentials and depend largely on a government check.
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center
- California Acrylic Industries
- Casa Colina Rehabilitation
- Royal Cabinets
- Hayward Industries
- First Transit
- Interstate Brands West Corp (Wonder Bread-Barf)
- Pioneer Electronics
The latest Marijuana Ordinances - Permits - Meetings - News
ORDINANCE - Pomona-Ordinance-No.-4096.Operation of Marijuana Dispensaries- 2012
ORDINANCE - CORONA: City tightens cannabis rules- 2015
PERMIT - Zoning Permit Medical Marijuana Pomona- 2016
Corona city leaders want nothing to do with marijuana operations in town. The Corona City Council made quick work of an urgency ordinance banning any type of a marijuana business within the city limits.
Disclaimer: Before acting on any marijuana related issue under discussed here, it is recommended that the reader confirm the ultimate accuracy of the information provided herein. Check with the City on their official website first to confirm key issues, permits, startups, ordinances and other MMJ matters. If you are involved in a serious marijuana crime or plan to invest in the local Cannabis industry, it is strongly advised that you contact a lawyer that specializes in California Cannabis Law.
|Marijuana Legal Issues|
Anthony Curiale and Associates are respected members of the legal community, holding membership in the Orange County Bar Association, NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws), and Lex Romana We have defended thousands of clients in a wide range of cases.
Marijuana Products And Services
Dispensaries, Delivery Services, Cannabis Clubs,Clinics, Doctors, 420 Evaluations in the city.
- 12 month Letter of Grower`s Recommendation from a licensed physician.
- 24/7 Online verification of your legal status.
- Medical Marijuana ID CARD.
- Grower's Authorization to cultivate up to 99 plants / possess 8 oz. or more of MMJ.
WHEREISWEED - Where is the Weed in Pomona City
|Police - Cannabis Files|
“Upon arrival, the officers located a building with approximately 72 mature marijuana plants and 65 immature marijuana plants inside,” - Corporal G. Sugiki
Police Friday were investigating an illegal marijuana grow discovered at a Pomona home.
Officers received a report of a possible grow around 10 p.m. Thursday at a residence in the 1100 block of W. Mission Boulevard.
“Let’s make it legitimate by putting it in a pharmacy with proper dosage.”
Marijuana for medicinal use is a complex issue, the head of national volunteer group that seeks to educate the public on the science of marijuana and promote health-minded policies that reduce marijuana use told a group in Pomona Wednesday evening.
Some components of marijuana have medical uses but they should be studied and then processed in a pharmaceutical laboratory, said Kevin Sabet, director of the Drug Policy Institute at the University of Florida College of Medicine and president of Smart Approaches to Marijuana.
Pomona In Popular Culture
Not so many people realize the tremendous influence Pomona has on American popular culture.
Thouth it may seem odd now, Pomona was the set for many outdoor-countryside movies including:
- Love Lucy episode, the main characters of the show "go out to the country" was shot in Pomona.
- Steven Spielberg's film 1941 set was in Pomona.
- Fox's newest endeavor theme is 'Pomona' "it's even hotter away from the beach."
- The Cat in the Hat, starring Mike Myers, transformed Pomona's Antique Row into a scene straight from the imagination of Dr. Seuss.
- Fully Loaded, starring Lindsay Lohan, filmed a car race on Pomona's White Avenue.
- Alpha Dog, directed by Nick Cassavetes, was based on the true story of a kidnapping and murder of 15-year-old Nicholas Markowitz was made in part in Pomona.
- Fear the Walking Dead, Lorenzo James Henrie's character Chris Manawa wears a jacket with "Pomona" lettering on the back either referencing Pomona (as a city) or the more likely Pomona High School.